New Mexico 152571
7 - 13 August 2011
(Updated: August 22, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stayed for a full week, and will certainly do so again when next we have a chance. Weather was great and the campsite was most comfortable. This campground has two sides: The new East side is spacious, gravel surfaced, 50-amps, pull-throughs. It seems that the "big rigs" are more comfortable over in the newer East side. The older West side is more attractive, although some sites only accommodate 30-amps. Our trailer is a convenient 22 ft, 30 amps, back-in capable, so we were able to thoroughly enjoy our week's stay in the West side with shade trees around. Outdoor Rec decided to park three rent-able FEMA trailers in parking sites that I would like to be able to use. I wish they would have put those FEMA trailers over in the East side where there a many more sites available. The campground manager and the host were very gracious, knowledgeable and helpful. They made our stay very pleasant. The bathhouse and laundry is older but kept clean everyday. When the East side was built, more than doubling the number of sites, they did not build a new bathhouse or expand the existing one. I heard that plans are in the works for installation of one of those new modular bathhouses on the East side. But we will have to wait to see if that happens....it is needed though. No Wi-Fi in this campground. Base facilities are nice - one of the best. There is bus transportation from the base to most areas in town. One of the bus stops is a 15-20 min walk from the campground. We made it from the trailer to the center of Albuquerque on the bus in one hour.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or