4.1 61
New Mexico 80662
13 - 27 Feb 2021
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

As others have said "Club house" closed due to COVID, but the club house is just a meeting room. The Showers and bathrooms on the side are open. Sites are all drive through, with a cement covered patio and cement picnic table. We arrived a few hours before "The Storm" hit. We had a foot of snow and wind in the morning. Looked like a Wyoming blizzard. The cold and snow only lasted a couple of days and then it got nice. We were able to take the "back gate" south into El Paso, TX, and we took many drives to Las Cruses, NM, and White Sands National Monument. We spent one week in full hookups and one week in electric only over flow. Just note that overflow is basically parking along a street with a power pedestal. The price is right. $10 for full hookups and $5 for electric only. HOWEVER note the prices are going to go up to $15 for Full and $10 for Electric only. The only negative thing I have to say is about 75% of the spaces are taken up by contractors or other folks that are stationed at the post. While I don't mind that, I do believe that MWR is missing their objective. They are acting more like base housing and less like Morale Welfare and Recreation! To that point, there is a lot of land around the area, and I would recommend they expand their number of spots.
Volunteer Park Travel Campsite
Report this review Was this review helpful? 14 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or