Review Detail

4.1 96
Jul 30 - Aug 06, 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This FamCamp is outside the base security gate so anyone can come into the area. Upon arrival, we were given a written warning about bicycles being stolen. I have not seen base security since I arrived 5 days ago. In addition to the FamCamp, the area is also a picnic and recreation area and can get pretty crowded and noisy even during the week. Right now, on a Tuesday afternoon, a group of about 40 are hosting a function that includes a very loud band. On the positive side, the sites are concrete pads and are level. About half are long pull-thru sites with plenty of room for tow vehicles. Full hookups with 50 amp electricity. The breaker on my site was bad and the camphost, Bud, promptly found someone to replace it. Shade trees at many sites. Laundry with 2 washers and 2 dryers. Bathhouse is two individual, lockable rooms that contain a shower, sink, and toilet - very private. Since the FamCamp is off-base and is on the opposite side of the base from the gates, the commissary and BX are 6 miles away. Although your mail can be forwarded to the base Postal Service Center, I would recommend using General Delivery at the Bellevue post office off base. The roads are not paved and I would suspect it would be quite muddy when it rains. Excellent free WiFi - it stayed connected and was faster than my air card. Good strong Verizon air card signal.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts