Featured
Mississippi 102215
March 2021
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I confess that I’m confused about all the positive reviews for this RV park. Please note that there are two RV parks aboard NCBC Gulfport—a “front” one and a “rear one.” I’ve hear the terms “old” and “new” used interchangeably, so I can’t tell which, if any, old/new term applies to which park. The “front” park (which is where we stayed) is nothing more than a large parking lot with concrete pads laid out for RV sites. Each site is a pull-through and offers water, electric, and sewage. The sites are spacious, the bath house is clean, and there is a pay laundry facility. That’s the good news. The bad news is that there is not a single tree or shade of any kind in the front part. In addition, it borders a main off-base street that presents loud street noise all day and night. We had a 5-day reservation but left after two days due to the unpleasantness of the front park. On our way out we drove through the “rear” park, which is very nice indeed. Trees, shade, quiet, a dog park, a lake nearby . . . Very pleasant. When I asked the park attendant how one gets assigned to the rear park instead of the front one, he told me you need to ask for the rear park when making a reservation. The rear park is all back-ins, no pull-thoughs, so keep that in mind when calling for a reservation.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 18 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or