3.8 89
Mississippi 138410
November 2020
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We attempted to stay here but were not able to fit into the only spot they had available. We had reservations and told them we had a 37 foot rig. We did not tell them how tall our rig was (never had to before) and that was the problem. The spot had branches right over the pad that were just above eye level with me sitting in the driver's seat of our Class A motorhome (overall height: 13 feet 2 inches). I doubt a small travel trailer would have the height clearance to get in there. We arrived right after the office closes and the camp host was great in trying to help us out but they were completely full so there wasn't anything he could do. We ended up going to Shields and should have done that from the start. The drive into the famcamp is pretty tight but passable for big rigs. Quite a few sites are nowhere near level so bring leveling blocks. If you want Internet or cable you will have to get a Verizon jetpack and cable box from the office. There is a $100 deposit for each. There is only a limited number of each device so you may be out of luck when you arrive. We did speak to the office the next day and they apologized and also told me that they are building a new famcamp on base. He didn't say where it was or when it would be ready but he did say it was close to being ready to open.
Keesler Famcamp Drive Through and Review.  Watch out when driving in!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
April 24, 2021
Probably mean November 2020. Otherwise good review and fully concur.
1 results - showing 1 - 1