4.2 85
Maryland 97397
Oct 25, 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I maybe adding a comment once we get there, since I have read the posts, and how the campground is being take care of. The homesteader I am sure don't complain since they are double dipping (getting paid more for living allowance than they pay there). Even though it is one of the pricier parks it is still a bargain for homesteaders. I thought I had read at onetime, that active and retired military, could get a site before DOD civilian and contractors. Is this no longer true? Apparently this is not true at FT Meade, which seems to be a homesteaders meca, especially since of BRAC. We called Ft Meade RV CG and requested a back-in site (which are cheaper) for 5 days. We were told they only had one for 2 days, but we could get a pull through (more expensive). I know FT Meade has many DOD and Contractor homesteaders from the years we have used their campground. Our family lives in the area and we stay there when we visit MD. I thought as the rules stand, they would have to move someone, either a homesteader, or DOD/Contractor, to open a site. I really don't feel it is fair, that we will be spending much more for a site, when we are "guest" using the park for Recreation, and the campgrounds are called RV parks. :( :angry:
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 4

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts