Kentucky 124942
March 18-22, 2020
(Updated: March 22, 2020)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stayed in a "sleeper" cabin our first night here. It was crowded, with a double bed, very small bathroom, MW, under counter fridge, and tv. Very small table. So we upgraded to a one bedroom cabins that was much more comfortable. Both cabins were wonderfully clean; the entire campground was clean, for that matter. The mattresses are encased in plastic - maybe for cleanliness? But that made for noisy sleeping. The shower stalls were small; my dh and I are not heavy people, but those stalls were difficult for us to use. The campground is terrific - lots of open space around the cabins and in the trailer area. The laundry room was large and clean, so was the attached lounge. There are picnic tables/fire pits, and porch swings for each unit. The office ladies were friendly and helpful. It is a little strange that the tent spots have to use porta potties - couldn't they let tent campers put up tents closer to the bathrooms? The campground location isn't great, unless you are staying to visit someone at Fort Knox, maybe? We did stop at the PX; it is large and busy. I recommend this place; it is a good value - far better than what I have seen at many other military campgrounds and KOAs.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts