Review Detail

4.5 64
May 28-31, 2021
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We are new to the military campground experience and Whitaker Place was a great introduction. The sites are clean, with full hook-up. I really liked the gravel/cement perimeter design as it helped keep our site clean. The campground was very clean and well maintained. The kayak races and pond fishing was great for our children, they had a lot of fun! My wife enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and general feeling of safety. I loved that our children could ride their bikes around and I didn't feel the need to be over-protective. I never realized how much we both missed the military community. Ive read other reviews about the lack of trash receptacles, but didn't find this to be a big issue for us. It's a good excuse to go for a walk. It would be great if they brought back the firewood. Even if they charged for it, the convenience of grabbing firewood at the campground would be great. I am not sure if it is possible, but I would love to see some trails added near the campground. We ended up going for a ride over to Driftwood Public Fishing Area. It is pretty close-by and offers a beautiful pond/lake and walking areas. Also, while in the area, we stopped by Apple Works. It is only about 10 minutes away and offers fresh fruit/vegetables and some activities for the children. Also, the campground is far enough from the large cities to offer a wonderful night sky. I'll need to bring my telescope next time! The host was great. He remembered our children's names and greeted them by name. He even cheered for them during the kayak races. Overall a great experience. Thank you, and we will return!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or