Review Detail

3.4 48
26-28 June 2021
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

It was difficult to find the right entrance to the installation, let alone right building on the installation. It seems to be the Navy way to keep folks confused. Once we got the site, we went down and found it to be a concreted pad with a 30 amp hook up. I knew in advance there was no water or sewage connections. The pad was und 3" of water and the grass in the surrounding area was saturated! The power was out. I contacted the desk and the clerk assured me that there would be someone out to check the power in 2 to 3 hours! I was real upset, Fortunately another camper saw me and recommend I check out the overflow are by the marina. I had a picnic table, 20 amp electric service and a water connection. The place to fill RVs is a water tap on the side of the beach house about a 1/4 mile away from teh main camp sites and the dump station is next to the marina about a 1/2 mile form the campsites. The water connection to clean and flush your tanks froze and broke over the winter and DPW hasn't fixed it yet. Our power failed at this site in the morning and the marina folks sent someone right over and reset everything. After that it was fine. Went to the Commissary and Main NEX which aren't on the installation (another confusion the Navy could fix). It was a nice place to ride bikes and take walks once things settled down. I did rain hard though (which wasn't the Navy's fault). I do like the locals saying that the installation is the Great Mistake!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or