Review Detail

3.4 48
August 2020
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I appreciated the previous review. I had no idea that water was not available at the campsite. I arrived with a full tank of fresh water and empty holding tanks. Check-in was fine. The young lady at the Navy Lodge was courteous and familiar with RV check-in. Just follow the directions provided on this website for the main gate and then the map you can download here. I had no problems entering the base and finding the campground (there is always this bit of apprehension). Some of the sites were closed. Some of the sites could use a bit of maintenance. I was lucky and got a nice site and one that did not flood after the big storm we had. I have no complaints. We only did a two-night stopover on the way to Elkhart IN. It was enjoyable. I think $22.00 is an OK fee, but should be a little cheaper since no water and no sewer. Showers were available at the beach house and I was told that fresh water could be gotten at the beach house. I chose not to use either. I was stationed at NTC GLAKES with Marine Barracks in 1970. The building is still there and a recent plaque on a wall commemorating Marine Barracks that closed in 1977. BTW, "Marine Barracks" was the name of the duty station...a spit and polish sort of duty station. As previously mentioned, the base is a bit rough around the edges. I was quite surprised. Typically Marine Corps and Navy bases look pretty sharp. If I were in my previous motorhome (I downsized), I could easily stay there a week and enjoy it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts