3.8 53
Idaho 69073
20 Oct 2022
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We are in Mt Home getting warranty work done on our F-550 Super C. The RV wasn't available to us, so we didn't stay at the Mt Home FamCamp. However, I had noticed some really negative comments, so I thought I'd see for myself. The last time we stayed here was late Sep 2006. We remembered the Fam Camp as being very nice. When we drove the Fam Camp this time in Oct 2022, it was atrocious. It has gone way down hill and looks like an old, forgotten, run-down mobile home park you would see in the poorer sections of any US small town. It definitely doesn't reflect the tidy, clean standards we are accustom to in the military. The base commander (or whatever they are called now) should be ashamed and the Wing CC should have a heart-to-heart talk with him. There is no reason for the Fam Camp to look the way it does. As one other person commented, it appears to have been taken over by homesteaders. Many campers in the park had hard foam insulation around their base and you could tell the occupants were in it for the long haul. However, even at that, I counted 3 empty spots, so it would have been possible to stay there, albeit, not all that pleasant. As stated earlier, the base commander should be ashamed.
Mountain Home AFB FamCamp
Mountain Home AFB FamCamp
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or