Review Detail

4.9 1
Feb 12, 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Rates were $110 - $150. Still much better than the civilian rate for beach front accommodations! "Shenanigans", the all ranks club, was excellent, with outside, beach front dining. NEX, gas station, and MWR facilities close by. Biggest negative is the distance to other activities on the fabulous island of Kauai. So much to see and do. If possible, plan for at least a two week stay.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 61 10

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
March 12, 2020
My wife and I planned well in advance to stay in a cottage for our honeymoon February 2020. This site for Barking Sands Cottages was, and continues to be, very deceiving. We were led to believe we had a cottage stay and when we arrived, ended up staying in what looked like old modified barracks! We couldn't believe it!! The website shows only beautiful cottages on the beach! When I complained at the front office of the deception, they just said that the website administrator was working on it. The website has not changed as of this date and the deception remains. BEWARE before you make plans for this site. You may be very disappointed. By the way, we ended up leaving early and went to the east side of the island in a nice, civilian hotel, which salvaged our honeymoon!
1 results - showing 1 - 1