4.6 97
Georgia 145701
29 Nov - 3 Dec 2016
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Directions say use base access point #2. There are no signs that tell you which gate is what access point. Gate guard at the end of I-185 said that is gate #3. Regardless, if you come in I-185, it is very easy to find the park and drive thru the base even in a big rig. Once you pass the big water tower (it will be on your right) you go down a small hill and will see 3 crosswalk signs. Just past the 3rd sign, you will turn left. There are signs to the campground, but some give zero warning of an impending turn. This was one with next to no notice of a turn. The other left turn with next to no warning is the final turn onto the marina/campground road. Immediately after passing the 2nd solar panel farm (this is out the back gate), you turn left to the marina/park. Easy check in at the country store. I had an older pull thru and had to adjust a few times to make sure the slides would extend and not hit the trees. If I return here, I will ask for a back-in out in the open. I just don't like climbing up on the roof and sweeping off the slides. The newer pull thrus appear to be longer and wider, but not tree covered. This place is HUGE!! No fenced dog area, but there are so many roads to walk the dog, it is not a problem. Just remember to carry your pick-up bags, because the doggy comfort stations were empty. Water pressure was very good. Electrical and cable worked well. Wifi was better than I expected. If ever in the area again, I would definitely stay here.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or