Review Detail

4.2 27
July 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I'm a motorcycle camper so my needs and expectations are slightly different from car campers and vastly different from RV'ers and cabin campers. My report is based on my motocamping experience. The trail that leads to the tent sites is gravel and that includes the terrible gravel downhill that leads to the gravel parking area where campers are to park their vehicles/motorcycles. There is no parking at the actual tent sites. Once getting past the gravel issues the sites themselves are pleasant enough. Grassy with trees and a clear view to the lake. None of the tent sites have water or electricity and the restrooms are a good walk away so be prepared for an annoying walk when the urge to tinkle hits you in the middle of the night. No..no peeing next to the tree that's next to your tent. Very rude and nasty. So, as you can tell my experience with the World Famous Navy Site wasn't so world famous for me. I believe that they are also over priced since the sites are without electric or water, you have to park your vehicle in the parking area and haul your stuff to your site and of course the distance to the toilet/shower house is unreasonable. For some unknown reason they also will not rent one of their RV sites to tent campers. Even if we are willing to pay the RV site fee. Very strange. For me the best part was not having to obligate myself to a 2 night stay, even on weekends so that is a good thing.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or