4.0 41
Georgia 92975
July 2022
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Reservation process was smooth, granted I did it way in advance. Communication with manager was good. Directions that were given were spot on. It helped to study a google map along with the directions to feel comfortable navigating on base to the campground. We arrived after the commercial gate had closed, so we had to enter through the Watson Blvd gate. Our rig was too long that it could not navigate the serpentine obstacles, but the Security Forces at the gate were very helpful in removing the bollards blocking the outer lane so we could get pass through the gate. I also stayed in the infamous site #4. The power post is shared with the site next door along with the water supply. Thankfully, I always travel with a Y connection for water so I was able to hook up with the neighbor. Luckily I can also use 30 or 50 amp so I was able to use what was available. There is an extra sewer connection at the site so that worked out. The concrete pad on the site was level enough so I did not have to unhook for the night. The site is very long and can accommodate a long rig. The bathhouse is very old but functional. Great water pressure in the shower. The cost of the famcamp was the highest I've paid at a military base famcamp. In my opinion this camp is not worth $30 but everything seems to be going up these days. On a positive note, the base gas station has very large islands that can accommodate large rigs with enough room to maneuver in and out. The camp Wi-Fi has excellent signal strength, enough to stream and email. I would stay again if passing through the area.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or