4.3 170
Florida 443697
Sept 20, 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Called today 9-20-17 to see if they were answering the phone yet & check my mail/I'm a resident w/postal box. They answered!!! The exchange reopened today at noon, said campground was still closed... They also eluded that the commander is expected to address reopening of campground 9-21-17? God help paradise, god help us get back to normal...
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 3

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
September 21, 2017
I was supposed to leave Jersey on a motorbike with my tent headed for KW. I postponed my trip and was thinking that I may have to cancel altogether. I'm well aware that Irma has done much worse to many more than me but my KW window is still open. Any word on Maria ?
September 22, 2017
NAS Key West on Facebook just posted: Please make special note: All lodging facilities including the campground, vacation rentals and NGIS are being used to support displaced active duty and DoD civilian employees impacted by the storm until further notice. No space A or recreational lodging is available. We will return to regular business as soon as possible, however taking care of our active duty and DoD civilian families impacted (some have lost almost everything) and our recovery/restoration efforts to the base are our priorities at this time.
September 29, 2017
Posted by NAS Key West MWR today, Sep 29th: "Navy Getaways Campground: remains closed to recreational use. There is a significant amount of damage and cleanup. Only command approved Active Duty, DoD Civilians and essential personnel stationed at NAS Key West allowed at this time. Note: Trumbo Dry Camp will not open on Oct. 15. MWR plans to provide an update on Fri., Oct 6, with the planned reopening schedule."
3 results - showing 1 - 3