4.7 227
Florida 310909
July 7-9, 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

My husband & I stayed here in 2014 & were excited to return. The St. John's River is beautiful & navy ships, cargo ships & even the occasional cruise liner can be seen. Dolphin frequent the river, & from what we could see, the fishing was good. And the sunrises are breathtaking! We had reservations, made online, for a 2 week stay here. However, the online information did not change our camper length, or so we were told - we upgraded from a travel trailer to a fifth wheel. The women in the office did get us a spot at Osprey Cove for 2 nights, & the camp hosts were very kind there & did all they could to get us a site at Pelican Roost, but nothing was available. We even checked back the next day, and felt like we were not welcome. If you make reservations online & have any changes, you might want to confirm them with the office. My question is, if their online reservation system is inaccurate, why do they use it? The staff here can certainly take lessons in hospitality from the staff at Eagle Hammock at NSB Kings Bay & Pelican Point at MCAS Cherry Point! We probably won't return to Pelican Roost. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 7 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
September 05, 2017
I'm surprised most if not all of the spots at the Roost are not large enough for a 5th Wheel. Years ago when Bob was the manager, they would park an overflow rig behind a unit on the back row. You used either the 50 or 30 amp that the other rig was not using and they "Y'd" off the sewer so two could use it.

You probably got a confirmation email for your reservation. I just checked a previous one I had and it indicates the length and type on the confirmation (MH40) To be honest I never noticed it before.
1 results - showing 1 - 1