Florida 170391
15 thru 23 May 2012
(Updated: May 27, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This was the first time I've been to Eglin FamCamp where we spent a week, on Postl Point. I was a little hesitant after reading some other reviews and the "spartan, but clean restrooms", but I'm so glad I took the chance. This place was a gem! They've remodeled the restrooms and showers, new tile, fixtures and air conditioning, and they've also upgraded the electrical connections to 30 and 50 amp. Even over the weekend there were never more than 12 spots filled and two of those appeared to be preset rental units, I never saw anyone at those sites the entire week. We set up on site #101, right in front, looking out over the bay. True, this spot is a little distant from the BX/Commissary, but I'll take that for the solitude and beauty, plus, it's an easy walk to the small beach (if you want to swim in the bay). The equipment rental office is located right next to the beach and you could buy soft drinks, beer, ice and snacks right there. Fairly easy access to the East Gate shopette. I didn't know it until I'd arrived, but Eglin also has a beautiful private beach right on the Gulf, located on Okaloosa Island, $3 admission during the week, $5 on weekends. True, it was 20 miles from the campground, but then you're also right there with all the great restaurants. I will be going back and I highly recommend this little jewel.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or