3.9 104
Florida 211891
May-June 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This RV park has so much potential but needs to be maintained. They are discontinuing WIFI. Now they tell you that you can go to the Marina rec room and use dial up. But you have to have an account with an ISP and it obviously is slow. They gave the campers only two work days notice they were shutting the WIFI down while try to contract the service out. Which means months and months but definitely before the snowbirds flock in. You get the sense and the staff definitely makes you feel like you are a second class citizen because you are not a snowbird and here during the off months. It is obvious they cater to the snowbirds and during the off season (summer months) there are no amenities. During the summer there are no issues getting a spot as most of the park is empty. The grounds are in a state of disrepair. They do not trim the grass around your spot and they only mow common areas. The showers and bathrooms are not cleaned and are filthy. I have seen used Q tips and used soap in shower drains that have been here for the last two months. The showers are disgusting and the toilets at not much better. The laundry room is nice but get your quarters before and do not rely on the change machine to work. Hint: The golf course driving range has a change machine so you don't have to drive all the way to the BX or Commissary. Propane can be purchased from the Marina but the staff is not personable and can be downright rude. They act like they are doing you a favor. During the snowbird season they have a contractor to deliver to your site for a fee. Off season you have to unhook and drive to the Marina. The Marina has a small store for ice and chips but you can tell they also cater to the snowbirds. They do not restock during the summer months and the prices could be considered gouging. RV toiled paper is almost $5. The beach is really not a beach. It is a bay and has the typical smell and the water is not one I would swim in. To each his own. Yes it is a haul to the gate and then another drive to really get anywhere but this is Tampa and the rates off base are much higher. There is nothing the FAMCAMP staff can do about location, or the bay, or the water, or the smell, or the critters. But they can do something about how clean the grounds and facilities are and how they present themselves.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
July 09, 2010
Update: They are continuing WIFI and contracted with a local ISP. WIFI is up and running. They have been spraying for mosquitoes almost every day but until they start mowing around the sites I am not sure what good it does. They spray in the mornings...just when everyone is out walking their dogs. The grass height is unreal and I betcha if you let your grass get this high in base housing you'd have hell to pay. You basically have to mow your site yourself.
1 results - showing 1 - 1