Review Detail

4.3 64
13-30 NOV 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I was expecting more from all the comments we read about the place. Although we really had no complaints, I just didn't think it was all that fabulous compared to other places we've been. I didn't think the hosts were all that friendly but one thing I WILL say about them is that they are always working about the campground, checking up on things and cleaning, etc. The traffic noise from the bridge took some getting used to. We're just glad the weather was cool and we had our windows closed most of the time. With windows opened, it would have been annoying. The bay beach area had a lot of washed up grassy stuff and seemed to be a little smelly and there aren't very good walkways down to the beach - it's pretty steep going up and down. In the CABIN area, there are several groups of wooden stairs going to beach, so I don't know why they couldn't do that in the RV area. Eglin AFB is about a 15 min drive and we went to commissary and BX mall, which is nice. The base library allows a TWO book checkout with library card for non-locals (two books PER sponsor family) and they have a HUGE DVD section, so that's all we got while we were there. The BEST shopping and restaurants are over the toll bridge, so that will cost you $5 for a round trip. I think there are 4 washers and 4 dryers at $1 each at the laundry house. They have DVDs at the office and you can check out two a day for free. They give you a list to look at because the tapes are behind the counter. There were several days while we were there that there were loud explosions that rocked our trailer. We were told that it was demolition of old ammunition and that it happens OFTEN. After we knew what it was, it was OK, but it was alarming at first.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or