3.1 39
Florida 116750
Mar 17, 2021
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We read the FamCamp description which stated first-come/first-serve and offered overflow camping if full. We spent three hours driving there, arriving early in hope for a FC/FS site. When I walked into the campground office the “attendant” was parked in a chair, feet on his desk, baseball cap and sunglasses, watching something on either the TV or computer screen. Without moving a muscle all he said “What kind I do for you?” I said, “I see the park is full; can we get into your overflow for one night?” He snapped, “This FamCamp is for active duty only.” When I asked why the FamCamp website makes no such stipulation and stated that clearly there are retirees camping here, he simply repeated “Active duty only.”. It wasn’t a complete loss; we were lucky to get away. The ‘FamCamp’ is nothing but a parking lot with grass planted around the concrete pads. It isn’t even on the base, but a half-mile away carved into some trees alongside the highway.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 13 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
October 12, 2021
I was told it was AD only last year so I didn't try. This year I called to see if there was any changes and was told
" We have long term people here, the same ones every year and No overflow parking. We will not have any opens this winter."
1 results - showing 1 - 1