Colorado 174060
May 27 - June 3, 2011
(Updated: June 02, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I arrived on the 27th of June when I walked into the office, I was met by the great staff of the Fam-Camp. What a pleasure to sign in and get all the information about the Fam-Camp and Academy. When I made my reservations I was asked where my satellite was on the motorhome was located front or back, also where my connections where located. Even after that my spot was a little hard to get the satellite tuned in, I had to move back a few feet. Sites are not true level but can be worked. My biggest compliant is with the dog owners, for some reason they don't think they have to clean up after the dogs since we are in a wooded area. Some sites are a little hard to get into if you have a large RV but again it just takes a little time. Everyone tells me that the winds doesn't blow all the time, but every day we've been here for the week it has blown hard. The best time about this Fam-Camp is the surrounding attractions, Seven Falls, Royal Gorge, Cliff Dwellings, COG railway to the top of Pikes Peak and many others. We were here for a week and went every day to see an attraction, but could have stayed longer. Now I have a reason to return for another stay. The Mall, Stores, Dining places are just off the Academy south gate. Don't forget to visit Fort Carson, it has a much larger PX and Commissary. Presently they are resurfacing the road to the Fam-Camp, should be completed in a week. They also have road work at the North Gate to the Academy. Oh I almost forgot You can wash your RV in the Fam-Camp, that is the biggest plus of all Fam-Camps being able to wash you RV.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts