4.0 45
California 179173
November 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The amenities at San Onofre Beach are adequate and well placed allowing all campers to enjoy the beach setting.  What was very disappointing is the apparent lack of efficient management, state of repair of laundry/restroom facilities, and overall cleanliness of the campground.  Several times prior to arriving I called reservations asking if any full service sites had become available as my reservation was for water and electric only.  I was told during all calls that no full service sites were available.  Upon arrival, the assigned site was too small for my RV and I was reassigned a full service site which I remained at throughout my planned stay.  I also noted that several full service sites were always available during my stay; very puzzling.  Unfortunately the entire campground is littered and unkempt with several washers/dryers and toilets out of service.  It seems that no one is caring for the amenities, landscaping, and enforcing campground rules.  San Onofre Beach could be a real gem conveniently located to many local restaurants, activities, and beaches but considering the state of affairs and depressing condition, it rates an overall two stars at best.  Somebody at MWR needs to step up and return the campground to its former condition.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
June 15, 2016
As far as the facilities are concerned, and what may appear to be deterioration, they are open air. We are talking about a beach campground.
1 results - showing 1 - 1