California 232137
Feb 10 2011
(Updated: February 11, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Two words, BED BUGS! My children had bites all over them and woke up with in an hour complaining of itching, we lifted their shirts and they were covered. TOTALLY GROSS! We left and dropped our key off at 11 pm. I will be calling in the morning to make sure I do not get charged. I will not be returning ever. Very upsetting:(
Report this review Was this review helpful? 11 4

Comments

5 results - showing 1 - 5
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
February 16, 2011
Are you saying there were bed bugs in those block beach houses? After you called the office the next day what did they say? I was going to make reservations for a few days, but I’m concerned about staying there after reading your comments. Do you have any details on any follow-up to this? I would be interested in what Camp Pendleton MWR had to say; this is serious stuff!
February 22, 2011
Yes, I am interested to know the answer to the previous person's comments, too. I have a family of five and we're thinking of staying in the cottages- but definitely NOT if there are bedbugs (no thanks!!).
March 19, 2011
In reply to an earlier comment

Did you end up making reservations? Did you ask the staff about this? I'm curious as well to see what they said.

Thanks!
March 30, 2011
I have a hard time believing that it was bedbugs, mostly because of the timing of the itching. Bedbugs come out in the middle of the night and the first thing they do is inject pain killer at the site. That means that you don't feel the bite and don't start itching for a few hours. People don't wake up feeling the bites after being asleep for an hour, they find the bites after waking up in the morning. So unless the reviewer actually saw the bedbugs, I'm thinking the kids got bitten by bugs on the beach in the evening. There are lots of different types of bugs that come out in the evenings. I frequently get bites at the beach that start itching a few hours later. I think it's usually gnats.

We'll be staying in a cottage there this weekend with our baby. We always check all the areas where bedbugs could be hiding as soon as we enter a hotel room. It's that rampant nowadays, every place has had them at one time or another. I'll post what we find after we get home.
April 04, 2011
In reply to an earlier comment

*Update* We had a wonderful time in our cottage! We're going back as soon as we can! I pulled off the sheets, checked under the mattress, in drawers and everything. The place is spotless, I couldn't even find any dirt!
5 results - showing 1 - 5