3.4 53
California 65292
May 24 to June 2, 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I needed a place to wait for a week or so for my travel companion to join up with me. My criteria included: within a couple hours of Yosemite, affordable, safe, nearby Commissary and Exchange, laundry facilities, gas station, dog friendly. The Lemoore FamCamp has all of this. It is not the most attractive or exciting place to be but that was not my primary focus. The staff are friendly and helpful. The dog park is huge - around an acre - and my two big dogs loved it. Unfortunately, many folks do not pick up after their dogs so watch out for the poop. This is a failing everywhere. No-one wants to step in dog stuff but somehow people can rationalize not picking it up after their darlings. Oh well. The laundry facility is free for RV'ers and there are 3 sets of washers and dryers. The Commissary and NEX are a 10 minute walk or (in my case) a 4 minute scooter ride. I did some banking, got my hair cut and generally caught my breath. Cable still not working ($3 daily discount) but was able to pull in several TV stations. The Wash Rack is currently closed, which was disappointing. I watched a man and his wife pull into an empty site with their fifth wheel and then proceed to wash it. They are not camping here, just used the site as a wash rack. Yes, its noisy but I am retired Air Force and find the roar of jets to be comforting. Street noise is easily blocked out with the windows closed and the AC running. I would stay here again if I had the same needs but the area itself is not too exciting.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or