California 185294
Nov. 20 - 25, 2007
(Updated: July 27, 2014)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Price is now $22/night - getting toward that price where amenities "better" offset the cost. But, because it's right in SanDiego (with tons to do), and because there are excellent playgrounds (one in the CENTER of the CG) and a swimming pool, and because a superb comissary is nearby, I would pay the price for a short stay. However, 1) most of the pads are close to each other, 2) dry camping is right accross the road from many full hookup sights (so generator noise is common), 3) there is only one "loop" so traffic is steady enough to keep kids off their bikes on the only pavement; the road, 4) there is no recycling. It also seems that even though they take reservations, I was assigned a sight where trailers usually park (I'm in 35', and towing), and they only had me down for three days instead of the five I asked for. Luckily, it worked out, I was sent to a large sight, but had to re-up at the end of three days. I got to stay in that sight, but if I'd moved I would have been rating this place a lot worse. Perhaps they need to invest in one of those large VISUAL boards with all the sights at a glance (instead of scrolling through each and every sight on the computer); it took forerver to make all this come together.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts