3.4 53
California 65428
February 18, 2022
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Awareness: Wanting to get my rig out and do some camping. The perfect opportunity weekend arose when my daughter decided to visit Disneyland with her boyfriend for her birthday weekend. In other words. The wife, dog and I were free to travel without guests. I chose Naval Air Station Lemoore as our destination for its close proximity, low park fee and the security of being on a naval base. Narrative: This was our first time visiting NAS Lemoore and its RV Park so, not wanting to arrive to any surprises, I did what research I could before our trip. Unfortunately, the Youtube videos of the park were over six years old and didn't provide any information such as directions from the bases main gate or, where to find space numbers once at the park. There was also little to no reviews on any of the RV websites or forum boards to help. But after contracting the bases Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) office, who oversee the RV park. I was able to look at the old Youtube footage and piece together where our space (number 3) was actually located once we arrived. Scene: The RV park is located on the housing side of the base. The RV sites are extremely wide concrete slabs but, the sites are only about 40 feet long. Not enough room to park your Truck or car on the side of your RV but, just enough to park in front of it. Each site comes with 50/30 amp hook-ups. Water. Sewer and cable ready. Additionally, each site has its own metal picnic table. Trash can and a BBQ pit. Open fires from a fire pit are not allowed unless your pit has an arrester. Gas fire pits are okay to use. The park also has a Mens / Womens restroom and, two FREE washer and dryer's for use. Across the street from the RV park is a McDonalds. And to the left of the RV park entrance is a nice brewery / restaurant named Spuds. Adjacent to the RV park is a golf driving range. The outdoor aquatic center and a fenced in dog park with a separate are in the park for smaller dogs weighing 15 pounds or less. Plenty of dog "potty" bags are available trough the dog park. Evidence: Overall, this RV park is super nice and the price we paid for two full nights was $24 dollars. There are a few things you should know before you decide to visit this park though. - When making reservations. Call the MWR office directly. Going through the DOD Lodging website can only make the reservations but, won't be able to tell you your space number. - When you call the MWR office to make your reservations. Be sure to ask what space number you'll have. Your email conformation will NOT have this information. - When arriving at the bases gate. Do NOT use the truck gate. Stay in the right hand lane through the main gate. This is the same for your exit off the base with you RV. The exit looks light (and it is) but, going slow and using the left exit lane may be your only option if leaving on a weekend or holiday. The truck gate is not open on weekends or holidays. - If you drive or pull with a Diesel Truck. The NEX gas station has diesel fuel but, its only located on the island next to the Exchange. - Most of the RV park spaces are currently occupied by long term campers or active military waiting for housing. Expect to see and possibly hear dogs from your neighbors sites. - I was told by the resident manager (Bill) this park will be closing on March 1, 2022 and was expected to be closed for several months while the park is refurbished and expanded. Be sure to call MWR well in advance to see if the park is accepting reservations. Recommendation(s): NAS Lemoore's RV Campground is extremely nice. The amenities can't be beat nor can the price. If you find yourself in the Central Valley of California. Have access to the installation and want to camp and relax cheap, this is your place.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts