3.8 89
California 164495
Nov 21-24, 2021
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Cons: A bit beat up by ocean elements. Lots of old outlets that need updating. We were in site #111 w/ a new 30amp outlet. Most are very old. It's very tight to get in to some spots and if you have to unhook, you may be blocking the road for however long it takes to unhook. Pedestals need replacing. Asphalt is worn in places. Never used the bathroom or laundry, which is free, I hear. Check in is weird and we just happened upon the process bc we got there WAY before 10am and spoke to others who knew what to do. So...the office opens at 10am and you wait in line outside the building. When they open, you line up w/ the others who have been waiting outside and put your name on a list. Then you go back at about 11:45 and wait around until they start calling names off the list. You're only supposed to put YOUR name on the list. I was 4th in line, but when I got up to the list, there were 8 spots already taken. Cheaters are annoying. When it's your turn to pick a site, that's when they show you a map of available sites. PRO TIP: The map is NOT correct. After you have put your name on the list at 10am, walk the campground and make note of open spots or spots that you like. Prioritize that list (you have two hours to wait, after all) and when it's your turn, pick a spot. My spot was actually NOT on the list of available spots so I asked, and they said, "Sure, you can have that one." ha ha ha...OK. PROS: OMG, the beach is gorgeous!! Animals everywhere. Dolphins, seals, pelicans...amazing. Very quiet. Long walks are easy. Dogs allowed on a leash. We are 30amp, but the 50 amp sites are larger, in the main area, and we may go for one of those next time. There is also a strip away from the main campground for Class As/50amp, but those sites are SUPER close together and don't have direct beach access. We will go back. It's like you're on your own private beach.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or