2.9 16
Arkansas 51640
July 6-12 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stayed here in the new campground section while I attended a course at PEC. The new campgrounds have 50amp and 30 amp service and the pads are level. I will echo Roadtrek Guy's comments about the fulltimers, during our week here we only saw 1 other visitor - the rest were people on extended stays. The biggest downside to the campground was that it is built on a side of a hill and the pad locations on the extremely long pull through are staggered in a way that doesn't make sense. The pad length is good - our 38' fit on it with little problem, but the width is a problem given the slope of the hill. From the edge of our pad we had only 2 feet of gravel before it dropped nearly 3 feet to the next pad sight. There are still no fire rings, though there was a makeshift rock fire area and they had stacked plenty of firewood by it (for free). We saw prisoners cleaning the area so I assume they just leave the wood for their tenants. They do have nice plastic picnic tables now. Considering it was $11 for full hooks ups, it is pretty nice. I will also note that a number of the sites in the older part are empty and they are flatter (and smaller back in). The pictures online are of the older part and it appears some of it has been cleaned up.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or