4.4 19
Arizona 6124
April 23, 2021
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

GOOD & BAD! READ TO THE END! The GOOD- This is one of the nicest FamCamps I’ve stayed at. It’s brand new (about 6 months old as of this post). The sites are level, water, electric (30/50a) and sewer are all in good locations. Check-In was super fast, with very friendly staff able to answer all my questions. The map says not all sites have a picnic table, but they all do. Walking distance to the commissary, Base Exchange, class 6 and a pretty neat park across the street by the child development center. There are bathrooms with showers that are clean and nice. There is an activity room with books and games to play, a big screen TV, refrigerator and tons of brochures for local attractions. The laundry room is in the same building, also very nice. 4 washers and 4 dryers. There is an overflow parking lot in the back if you have more than one vehicle. Getting on the base is fairly easy, but there are some tight turns that bigger rigs might have trouble with. Cell reception is 100% with my AT&T phone, and I got 30+ local channels with my antenna. THE BAD- There is a bar (Sage & Sand) at the corner of Litchfield and Glendale. It’s about 1/4 of a mile away. EVERY Friday and Saturday night at 9pm they have a band that plays until 1am. It’s so loud I thought they were right outside my camper. The jet noise isn’t bad, the night flying was sucky though. Landing and taking off at 10-11pm got old fast. The last bad thing is that the sites are a little tight, you have to be ALL THE WAY to the left when parking or you will be stepping out into the rocks. It would also be nice to have a cross walk to get to the park across the street, and a turning lane to get into the FamCamp. Also they could put a nice walking path in for the back “shortcut“ to the BX. Overall a great place, the noise sucked but the rest was good. It’ll be nicer once the trees and shrubs are grown in. There’s a ton of room to make this a very nice, family friendly campground- hopefully they continue to work on it.
Saguaro Skies FamCamp
Report this review Was this review helpful? 13 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or