3.2 45
Arizona 94696
Nov 2020
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

About an hour from any real shopping I.e. Lowe’s, Sams, Wal-Mart, PetsMart, conventional size grocery store, meat markets etc. Famcamp is about 3 miles south of I-8. Water hookup contains low level arsenic to use for showering/washing but each site has a reverse osmosis tank that yields about a gallon of drinking/cooking water. Famcamp is mostly occupied by elders in which some stay long term. Summer months, I’m told are almost intolerable due to the fact that it can reach 120’s Fahrenheit. 120’s pretty much negates proper function of RV ceiling ac units. The scenery is beautiful however that is tempered by long drives to shop so go to a Walmart /Grocery before arriving. There are a couple truck stops, a dollar general and a family dollar in Gila Bend. Though it is open and well spaced, a close watch on kids is a must. I suspect tolerance of kids screaming and interrupting the life of elderly outside of the jets noisy hours would be not met with joy. Washing is limited to two loads per day per camp site. Guards and lodge staff are very courteous. Price is very good considering full hookups. I do see why folks don’t flock here. I would stay again. You are near the border with Mexico and this is a huge wilderness / the wild desert which includes coyotes, rattlesnakes, scorpions etc. keep watch over kids and pets! Keep in mind fighter jets start early so early to bed early to rise is a great.
Gila Bend FamCamp
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or