Review Detail

3.1 29
July-August 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I stayed 2 separate time frames. end of July and early August for a total of 2 weeks. The staff is young, but friendly and very conscientious and doing their best to make the stay agreeable. I did not use laundry or shower facilities but did see cleaning crew there every morning I was there. Both stays I saw them mowing and trimming the grassy area, and one time saw a brush cutter along the road edges and site edges. There is brush, small trees between sites but it acts as a buffer between sites. I'd say the campground more resembles a state park rather than an RV resort. At $22/night it's a real bargain compared to local prices. It was also the lowest priced FamCamp I stayed at in Alaska. Most sites have water & electric 30/50 amp, but only 5 sites have 50 amp (10,11,12,13,15) Dump station with 2 side access available. The biggest downside is the water, iron odor and rust colored, probably from old pipes. Office said they filter water for base housing but not FamCamp. The base really needs to find some budget $ to remedy. So be prepared to buy bottled water for drinking and coffee or fill your tank before arriving. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or