3.7 85
New Mexico 95393
23 Mar 2019
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We came in on a Saturday, planning to stay three nights. Our experience at the main gate initiated the frustration. As noted in the description above, using the main gate is tricky, very tricky. We have a 36' motorhome, pulling a small SUV toad. I am pleased to report that using our mirrors and taking it slow, we were able to make it through the "S" curves and narrowness of this gate without jumping a curb or hitting the concrete supports at the awning. We made it to the FamCamp, greeted with a sign to check in with the Camp Host at site #___ (10, I believe) before selecting a site. I walked to the Camp Host site only to find a sign directing me to another Camp Host site. When I walked to that site, I was greeted with another sign telling me to self-check in at the laundry room. The laundry facilities seemed well kept. We didn't use the facilities but others were using them and seemed to have no problem. We selected our site, which was one of the newest ones with no covered picnic area (sites with covered picnic areas are the first two rows of spots; we took a space on the third row), and proceeded to hook everything up. We had a cable box and connection, but the cable did not work. We wanted to ask the Camp Host about the cable and a couple other items but I could never catch them at their site. I tried both hosts three different times over the course of several hours that afternoon. Because of all this, we decided to shorten our trip from three nights to one. We left out the next morning. A block wall is the only thing separating you from the Interstate. However, the noise from the highway was surprisingly not that bad. There is no dog park in the FamCamp and the spaces to walk the dogs were not well kept, all dirt and rocks with trash mixed in. There was really no grass to find (my dogs really like grass)! One star on Cleanliness/Hospitality was specifically due to Camp Hosts not being available. The camp, overall, is clean. A FHU site, $20 is a good deal. WiFi was not strong at our site, which was on the back row. The location is great, though! You are a short distance from the White Sands Monument and the missile testing areas. We will consider staying here again and hope future reviews are more positive than the experience we had on this one particular day. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts