How much will you pay for gas?

More
12 years 4 months ago #9296 by farrout
There are many predictions of $5/gal gas this year. I don't think I can afford
that. For my 7 mpg on the highway, that works out to 71 cents per mile.

I may change my mind as the price gets higher, but right now I'm drawing a line in the sand at $4/gal. That's still 57 cents per mile.

Looking for opinions.

Dennis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #9297 by floridakamper
I would not put my financial future in jepardy by buying gas for my motorhome. If gas goes to $5 a gallon, I will travel less and visit campgrounds close to my home and stay longer. Fortunately, some very nice military campgrounds are about an hour away, (Kingsbay and Mayport). Florida has lots of CG's that are available at discount rates in the summer. I would not do a cross country (unless my wife so ordered).

More
12 years 4 months ago #9298 by farrout
That's true, it's the amount you budget for the year that determines how far you drive. Good point.

Dennis in Tampa

More
12 years 3 months ago #9364 by Chiefe9
I hope it stays below $4 but doubt it. Diesel is approx $3.75-$3.95 in my area of Western NC and is approx $3.69-$3.78 in upper and midlands area of SC. I have applied for the Pilot card and will be looking at others that give a discount for fuel. As others have said I'll probably mostly stay at campgrounds within 200 or so miles of where I live. Unfortunately, I have to travel over 4 hours to get to military campgrounds but will sometimes do it. We visited the new campground last weekend at Charleston AFB, SC and was impressed.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9366 by Shaban
Rates of gas going higher day by day. We have to think about alternative resources.

More
11 years 1 month ago #11390 by SkyWatcher
I do feel the pinch for fuel but, I don't want that to interfer with my enjoyment of RVing and visiting areas closer is an option but we all got these vehicles for our Rest and Relaxiation and we understood the costs to operate these things, either way it's better than going back to the Hotel and Motel way of traveling (Oh heck NO) it won't happen on my watch I hope.

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds