ford V10

More
12 years 8 months ago #8851 by airlifter
ford V10 was created by airlifter
I am looking to buy my first motor home. It is an older 30' unit (1987). Ford with the V10 engine. I am not sure of the name of the "home" part.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this chassis and engine. I am thinking that 30' will be a bit large for just the wife and I. We will be some touring and a lot of fairly local camping.

Thanks, Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #8854 by wincom6
Replied by wincom6 on topic Re: ford V10
Hello Pete, Most of the class A motorhome will be on a GM or Ford chassis they are both good. Personally I think the part you should pay more attention to is the manufacture of the end product.
I think the Ford chassis and the V10 is a very good entry level motorhome. I had one for about 7 years and had no problems with the Ford. I honesty wish I could say that for the house. It was a Forest river and it gave me a lot of trouble. One more thing, the 30’ will not seem to be to big in no time. If you are like most of us, soon you will be convinced that “bigger is better”

More
12 years 8 months ago #8855 by airlifter
Replied by airlifter on topic Re: ford V10
Thanks for the info. I went to look at the MH today and I don't guess that I will be buying it. It is pretty rough. It was a Jamboree Searcher.

I was thinking that the 30' might be a bit large for me. We will not be full timers. We do plan some cross country trips but nothing that will last over 3 or 4 weeks.

A 26 footer would seem like a castle after the one we have now. We are using an A-liner. It is fine for short camping trips but I don't think I could handle a long trip in it.

I will still be looking. We are not in a hurry. We have some things to take care of here at home before we hit the road. I will take my time and get what I want.

More
12 years 8 months ago #8856 by Ed Kelly
Replied by Ed Kelly on topic Re: ford V10
We have a 26' even though it is called a 2480. It is a TREK and it has served us well on many 30 day trips. There are some available at the TREK website along with other information on this outstanding motor home.
www.nwtfc.com

Ed & Joan

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds