Roof Coating Materials

More
15 years 3 months ago #5340 by skyking8
In order to cure some water leaks once and for all, I was considering completely coating the rubber roof on my MH. Anyone used a product called Liquid Rubber or something similar?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #5347 by FastEagle
I'd research this procedure from every angle before I put a foreign substance on my roof. I had to have my rubber roof replaced and it was over $8,000.00. My insurance company was very unhappy.

FastEagle

p.s. When getting work done at Lazy Days RV in Seffner, FL the repair bays are FHU and you can stay in your rig during the nights as long as it's not in a body repair bay. In the attached picture our repair is complete and we are leaving. We are pooped. took two weeks.

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

More
15 years 3 months ago #5350 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Re: Roof Coating Materials

I'd research this procedure from every angle before I put a foreign substance on my roof. I had to have my rubber roof replaced and it was over $8,000.00. My insurance company was very unhappy.

8 G for a couple days work? No wonder no one is selling an alternative.

Couple reasons I haven't made an insurance claim. One, my premimum is very low and want to keep it that way. I doubt the insurance would cover leaks anyway. It doesn't appear to be damaged. The roof is no longer under warranty so invalidating that isn't an issue.

I have done some research, but before I believe the claims I really want to find out if anyone has tried it.

More
11 years 1 month ago #11295 by tkenned2
Replied by tkenned2 on topic Re: Roof Coating Materials
I'm new to this forum.. Just registered today. I have a Class A and I have heard that some RV'ers have the bedliner Rhino Shield on the roof. There is a company that advertises a similar product that sprays on home siding. Not sure if it long lasting for the RV or not. I do know that it is warranted by a lifetime warrant as a PU truck bed liner. Only an idea.

Richard

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #11296 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Roof Coating Materials
Only thing I know about those bed liners, if it cracks or splits, it keep going in a line, like an ice crack or window crack. At least the older ones.

I don't know if a crack can be repaired. But would be worth asking. Would see pretty durable, although don't know how well it seals around vents or ducts?

Have actually seen entire vehicles coated with it, couple times, off-road jeep and off-road 4x4 mini-PU
Toyota I think ... both in Utah but don't recall the state plate. Would seem more likely to do something like that in a wet state, like Oregon, Maine, SE humid states.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by monkey44.

More
11 years 1 month ago #11298 by Sarge3398
Rhino Linings makes a coating specifically for RV roofs. It's not the same stuff you spray into your pickup bed. I don't know much about it, but here's a link to their site:

Rhino Lining Roof

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds