converter charger question

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #11499 by Hank85713
I have an power dynamics 40 amp charger controller and it is about 12 years old. It will boil the water out if left on for storage, so I guess I probably need a new one. Now the question. There is a charge wizard deviceavailable to make it into a trickle charger. Anyone use one? Second it was recommended to change to a boondocker 45amp with built in microprocessor to have a long term storage charger. Anyone familiar with it?

Lastly since it is a 40 amp, what are advantages disadvantages if any of going bigger? 45 vs 55-60? prices are not much different.

TIA Hank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 3 weeks ago #11503 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: converter charger question
that old, I would add up all of your dc needs and go from there
65 amps is pretty standard and not to pricey. mine is 100 amps but its also the inverter and smart charge etc.

lots to read about
most today are modern and have some sort of a smart charge or trickle (maintainer) setup
that being said my magnun energy system will run the batteries low on water just as easy as my old tt would. i check mine every two weeks and top off as needed

hope it helps

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #11512 by Hank85713
thanks but we checked the unit and it was putting out 13.7v company recommended we add the charge wizzard so I ordered one.

The 40a should be ok, we do not use much of anything and dont need to worry about 12v appliances. usually use campgrounds with electricity when we travel, I have aslso mounted a generator for when we could need one.

Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds