Lemon RV

More
11 years 7 months ago #10575 by Suzq
Lemon RV was created by Suzq
We bought a Monaco product in 2007 - new. It is a 32 foot with 3 sides. The engine and driving has been fine. Days after purchase we were still at Lazy Days getting things fixed and determined to enjoy our first new RV. The leaks had already started. We tried the FL Lemon Law, and due to our issues all being coach, not mechanical, we got no where. It developed mold within 5 months. We pay our payments on a $100k product and estimate it being worth $27k now...word must have gotten around. Yesterday we could not clean the normal leak spots and checked under the carpet. The particle board was NLACK and there were even little insects. Does anyone have any experience letting one of these go back. I am sure the bank won't like it. Most of our income is VA Disability and SS Disability. We are out of energy and ideas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #10578 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Lemon RV
First - are the leak spots old and continuing, or new once you fix the old ones?

And, second: Did you do financing with Lazy Days or with a bank. The bank will be very unhappy, but we'd wonder how much is left to pay? Is it ten year note, and if so, maybe a trade instead of killing your credit.

IF Lazy Days and you threaten them with default, it might get them to fix it instead. If not, Lazy Days won't care at all. But, I've heard lots of bad things about that dealer over the years.

But am curious about fixing the leaks, because as tough a job as that may be, once it's done, it's done.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by monkey44.

More
11 years 7 months ago #10580 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic Re: Lemon RV
Lazy Fays kept saying they fixed the leaks. Several times in the bathroom and kitchen and rear bedroom slide. They said they put it in a "rain room" and got mo leaks. We paid for the mold inspection ourselves. The two front slides were leaking all along. We finally stored it and stopped using it. Lazy Days refused to fix it when we found the mold because we filed a Lemon Law form. They claimed at mediation that we were mistaken that it was not leaking.
When we noticed the carpet stains in the two slides up front had worsened we pryed up the carpet and were shocked. We now need to remove both seats and see how far the blackened damaged particle board goes. It will have to be replaced. As for the leaks my husband is trying to replace all the white "seals" I guess they are called on the slides. Will that stop the leaks if they were leaking when we bought it new?
My husband is 100% disabled service connected. Our plan was to buy a new one that did not need repairs. This is taking so much out of him. We have a warranty that we bought when we bought the thing, but have yet to adk if they cover this. Doubting they do. We are so tired out emotionally and financially frankly. Our old rv was nice compared to this. It was sold fast. Lazy Days is a place I would not recommend.

More
11 years 7 months ago #10581 by monkey44
You said new in 2007, so that means you've been hassling this for five years - that's more patience than I'd ever have with them.

First thing, check your extended warranty, see if it covers this.

And, you went to mediation? Didn't you show them the RV, or photos of the damage? Seems odd that the mediator would not inspect the vehicle and see the damage. If you have all this documented, you should have some kind of recourse with courts - sometimes filing a court action gets a repair too. Been five years though, so hard to say now.

More
11 years 7 months ago #10584 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic Re: Lemon RV
Thanks for your replies. At mediation we had her all cleaned up, cleaned the caroet, and it is hardly used at that point. We thought we would win and turn it back to Monaco. The mediator gave a cursory look. The Monaco guy climbed all over it. He brought a lawyer and those two talked before and after to the darned mediator like old fishing buds. We had paperwork detailing all the attempts to fix this thing. The story was there. I should add...when Monaco went out of business it was in the ladt stage during the mediation. After that it was a lost cause with the manufacturer. In June we took a trip in the rv to New England and another driver followed us off the hwy when we were stopped for gas. He said our rv smelled strongly of gas and he was alerting us. When they assembled the thing on the chassis they put it on top of the gas line which got rubbed and it was losing gas badly. We got that fixed and then my husband looked on the internet and found out there was a recall on that..that we never even got. We are at the same address too. I sure hope they let others who bought this type of rv know.

More
11 years 7 months ago #10585 by monkey44
Guess I didn't think about Monaco going belly-up ... so that means fixing would have been in Lazy Days nickel, so they bailed out.

So, in fact, there is no one to take action against. I'm assuming mediation was binding - and you're probably right, Lazy Days gets into that situation often enough that every one knows every one, except the buyers are hanging out there all alone.

Still, would think very hard before trying to turn it back against the bank - as I understand it, if the bank takes it, and sells it wholesale, they will still come after you for the difference between the sale and what you owe (not positive) and so will not care if they get value or not. Just get rid of it for cheap.

Wish I could give better advice -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Suzq

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds