Morrilton/Conway KOA

More
14 years 1 month ago #7304 by greyhound73772
In March 2010 I was traveling I-40 in Arkansas and stopped for the night at the Morrilton/Conway KOA for the night. I don't know how this place has kept its KOA affilitation. The roads are terrible, upon registration was told to just find an empty site and most sites are occupied by "homesteaders". The only 50amp site available was next to a "homesteader" who worked nights and tied his dog outside when he left. The dog barked at everything that moved. Also avoid the Flying J at West Memphis, AR. If you are over 32' in length you can get into the RV island, but the only way out is to back-up (which is impossible in a motorhome towing a car). There is no place to park, if you're wanting to take a break.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #7333 by subldo
Replied by subldo on topic Re:Morrilton/Conway KOA
thanks for the post. Posts like this are a big help. When traveling I'm always concerned if the comment "RV Friendly" really applies when you look at the info in the Exit Now and Next Exit reference books. My RV runs on gas so I try to find stations that have pumps parallel to the road for ease of getting in and out. Have noted a lot of new LOVE's Travel stops are being built but the pumps are situated where its hard to get in and out of.

It would be nice to have a tread/category just devoted to this kind of info.

SUBLDO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds