Natchez Trace State Park

More
15 years 1 week ago #5901 by FastEagle
We are not State Park users but have stayed at a number of them around the country that will accommodate our 5er (38'). We have just completed a five day stay at Natchez Trace State Park near Wildersville, TN and are awed by the amenities. Truly an outstanding facility. We stayed in the Pin Oak Campground. When coming off I-40 take exit 116 and follow the signs to the campground - about 12 miles. Almost everything about the park is in the web page below. The map gives you a great depiction of the campground layout. The site we chose was about 100' long and at least 50' wide. We were very close to Pin Oak Lake. All sites in the Pin Oak Campground are FHU with 30/50 amps. Our site cost $25.00 per night with no discounts being offered and no tax. Senior rates (age 62) for TN residents only are $20.00. For me the best perk was the site receipt. It acts as your fishing license and allows you to fish any of the waters in the park. At this time of year you do not have to go off and find a place to pay your fees as they come around and collect - cash only. There is a 14 day stay limit.

state.tn.us/environment/parks/NatchezTrace/

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #5906 by maltruck8
We were there summer of 07. Great State park. If I remember right they gave a 50% discount for 100% disabled.

More
15 years 1 week ago #5907 by wb4zit
Replied by wb4zit on topic Re:Natchez Trace State Park
We just left there about 2 weeks ago. Spent 8 days there this time and this was my 5th visit there over the past few years. It is certainly one of the nicest campgrounds I have used and one of the few state parks with full hookups and 50A. Plenty of room for big rigs and no tight turns :-). It has always been clean and well maintained. Two nice brick bath houses with a laundry rooms. There is also a lodge near the campground that serves a buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They had new rate structure starting 1 April. Part of the new rate structure was "no discounts for out of state patrons". TN seniors, TN 30% disabled vets, and TN state employees can get a 20% discount but out of staters do not get a discount. I took them to task via email on their state web site concerning the disabled vet discount not being given to out of state vets. I know this is a common practice in other states but since they used to give it to out of state disabled vets I was just making a point of order. I did receive a visit from a park official who agreed to give me the 20% discount. But even without the discount, it is very nice park and well worth both the $25 and the 10 mile or so drive off of the interstate. Once you get to the campground you are actually near the back entrance to the park. Lexington TN is about 6 miles out the back entrance and has all of the amenities including a Super Wal-Mart and all the basic fast food joints right down the main drag. There are also a couple of good barbecue places in town.

Mel Linville
US Army MSG (Ret)
2020 Ram 2500 Hemi and shopping for a cheap, used, small 5th wheel

More
15 years 1 week ago #5912 by FastEagle
How about this for site size?

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC
Attachments:

More
15 years 2 days ago #5923 by Don C
Replied by Don C on topic Re:Natchez Trace State Park
Thanks for the great plug for my home state. Something more to look forward to when we finally retire and see of these great facilities.

LTC, Ret, US Army Reserve

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds