AAFES and vets

More
9 years 8 months ago #13077 by monkey44
AAFES and vets was created by monkey44
Looks like the AAFES wants to capture the veterans as customers -- and of course, pull out that cash cow for itself. That means only the online store, not the base exchange and commissary. OK I agree, good idea.

One thing, what does that do for US, where does that $100 million profit it predicts go? Well, would sure be nice if some of it went to support the commissary the Feds were trying to close, instead of into a general fund black hole ... commissary is a big deal for some of us that live close and use it a lot. Would be nice to keep prices down and operate it like it was designed -- instead of privatizing it like the BX and kicking prices up almost like the civilian stores (at least we have no tax. How long before that becomes a target?)

Taking the commissary away was another mess about budget, and here is a chance to fix that mistake ... We'll see!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stanbnv
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #13078 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic AAFES and vets
All the state tax collectors are not happy about military retirees shopping tax free now. Add anyone that has served and I think that benefit will have a short life for everyone.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by floridakamper.
More
9 years 7 months ago #13088 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic AAFES and vets
Well, I notice how quick every one is to call on us when we need a little freedom ... seems to forget that pretty quickly when it comes time to remember what we did, and continue doing.

These benefits are not "gimme" ... we earned it. I notice the politicians that try to change this continue to give themselves raises, while complaining to the constituents how trough it is to meet the budget.

FloridaKamper, I notice you have the same state -- I almost lost my lunch when I accidentally watched a couple commercials about the choices we have for governor this time. We have a lessor of two crooks.
More
9 years 7 months ago #13089 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic AAFES and vets
You're right Mr. Monkey. For as long as I can remember, my vote has been cast for the lesser of two evils. Most of us old sailors, soldiers, airmen and marines have been to many other countries over the years and observed their politics and how they lived. We've still got the best country in the world. Our politicians sure could use an attitude adjustment and our voters need to get their head out of their butts.
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #13093 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic AAFES and vets
I've been 'dual living' Florida and Mass for a lot of years. My vote has been Mass until this year when we became full-time in Florida ... I've only smiled twice in my life when voting for a politician - Ted Kennedy in MA and Jerry Brown in CA -- the rest mostly just got one because no other choice, although I occasionally leave the spot blank just for spite, or write in my dog, or cat.

We had the 'joke governor' in MA for awhile, and I almost choked when Mitt nearly beat Obama, who probably would have lost to any other person in USA. I truly believe the democrats spent a lot of time and money getting Mitt on the republican ballot so the democrats would win ... who else in the country could CHEAT on his taxes, get caught, manipulate his answers so he looked innocent, then capture the nomination for president.

Yep, you got it ... ONLY in America, and there's no where else I'd rather live either -- of course, it is good for an occasional laugh, maybe that's why.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by monkey44.
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #13119 by dubob
Replied by dubob on topic AAFES and vets

monkey44 wrote: I've been 'dual living' Florida and Mass for a lot of years. My vote has been Mass until this year when we became full-time in Florida ... I've only smiled twice in my life when voting for a politician - Ted Kennedy in MA and Jerry Brown in CA -- the rest mostly just got one because no other choice, although I occasionally leave the spot blank just for spite, or write in my dog, or cat.

We had the 'joke governor' in MA for awhile, and I almost choked when Mitt nearly beat Obama, who probably would have lost to any other person in USA. I truly believe the democrats spent a lot of time and money getting Mitt on the republican ballot so the democrats would win ... who else in the country could CHEAT on his taxes, get caught, manipulate his answers so he looked innocent, then capture the nomination for president.

Yep, you got it ... ONLY in America, and there's no where else I'd rather live either -- of course, it is good for an occasional laugh, maybe that's why.

Bovine excrement of the highest odor! :S I don't believe this is the correct site for political debates or discussions. Ted Kennedy, Jerry Brown, and Mitt Romney have absolutely NOTHING to do with Veterans being short changed on benefits. Could you possibly keep it on point?

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by dubob.
Time to create page: 0.362 seconds