Secure mail to VA doctor

More
11 years 8 months ago #10409 by monkey44
Just wonder how many of us use the secure email system to communicate with the VA doctor.

Some areas it available, some not - it's fairly new in some areas.

If you do, what do you think of it. Does it help you a lot - and do you use it often?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #10438 by bill6750
I have been using it for quite some time now. It goes directly to the Dr. nurse and they will reply to you usually within a few days. It works great for me.

Bill & Jean
Bill Retired US Army,
Viet Nam Vet, 24th Evac. Hosp.
Jean Retired from DOA
2014 Tiffin Phaeton, 40'
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 in Toe

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 8 months ago #10439 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Secure mail to VA doctor
Have not been given the option at Jas A Haley so far and use the Call A Nurse line and usually get an immediate response or if I leave a message get call back by end of day. Will ask them if it is available or do you know it is at Jas A Haley?

More
11 years 8 months ago #10444 by bill6750
All I can say is that is and has been available at Harry S. Truman in Columbia, Mo. for quite a long time now.

Bill & Jean
Bill Retired US Army,
Viet Nam Vet, 24th Evac. Hosp.
Jean Retired from DOA
2014 Tiffin Phaeton, 40'
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 in Toe

More
11 years 8 months ago #10456 by Valdez
Replied by Valdez on topic Re: Secure mail to VA doctor
Hey MONKEY 44,

I have been using the VA secure messaging system for about four months, and I think it is great. If I have any question in regards to labs, perscriptions or general questions in nature, all I do is send a note to my doctors nurse, and within a day or two and I have a reply back.

One example, I had taken a piss test at work and a few days latter I had received a call stating it was high in alkiline or something. So I got kind of worried thinking my medications might have something to do with it, so I asked for some info and within two days I had the answer with no concerns.

If you have a chance to use it then use it.

More
11 years 8 months ago #10460 by monkey44
Great system - been using it more than a year with my docs ... I was just wondering how many others use it and like it.

One thing, you're doc has to like it too - some don't bother much. But both mine use it, and we have some great results. Minor questions that never got answsers before now get answers ... instead of waiting three or four months for another appointment.

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds