Review Detail

3.0 33
September 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

It should be noted that the price of tents is $10 and all sites, RV and tent, need a reservation. For the tent sites, you park at the restrooms and walk into the woods (not far). My intention was to tent/car camp with my two boys while my husband is deployed for a fun overnight. There is no security from the road to the campgrounds. It is not located on base and anyone is able to drive in. There is a paintball park directly adjacent to the tent sites and on the weekend there was constant traffic from the paintball attendees and a large party at the pavilion by the water. I did not feel comfortable where the tent sites were since I was camping alone with my two young kids. I asked if there was an RV site available. There was, but they said that they would not rent it to me because I didn't have an RV with me. I told them that my intention was not to pitch a tent in the RV area, but to instead just use the picnic table and fire ring before going to sleep inside my SUV conversion. I would gladly pay for the RV site, which is twice as much as the tent site, just to feel more secure. I was just looking to get a fun night in with the boys. The young man at the counter was pleasant, but clearly had no authority. He deferred his decision to the rude, unkept man seated in the boathouse. Now I get if I was looking to set up a tent in the RV area, or if I was looking for spend a few days or weeks in the situation I described, but I was making do for one night with my boys after driving all the way there. This is a MILITARY FAM CAMP! We are a military family, and I was appalled that we were turned away when space was available. My kids were so disappointed. So much for having fun and making the best of their dad's deployment! Instead of being in nature and fishing/camping, we drove all the way back home. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 22 11

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
June 24, 2020
If the RV site was open he should have rented it to you as long as you were willing to pay the RV price for that spot.
1 results - showing 1 - 1