4.4 109
Virginia 180406
(Updated: March 05, 2016)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This location is the best kept secret in the Navy. I was stationed here 30 years ago and was amazed at the change. From an Annex of the Norfolk Supply system to that of NWS Yorktown. The addition of cabins of all sizes and RV sites that meets everyone's needs. Hiking trails, wildlife of all types, the security upgrades and patrols of Navy Police makes one feel safe 24-7. I had almost forgotten about the sounding of colors twice daily. I still love to hear them. I have read several complaints of the location. The facilities located close by to where we were assigned, includes a rather large lounge were always warm, clean, and private. The laundry Room met our needs. Recommend that one brings there own supplies for doing laundry. If you forget, the Navy Exchange located at the Gas Station does sell such. Had a problem getting level the first time we were there, but the attendant at the Check-in Cabin told us to find a better spot and let them know which one we picked. Didn't know how to get our three televisions to work and another camper assisted us and everything worked just fine. Our WI-FI worked just fine. We always travel with the Verizon Upgrade Modem. Such device provides additional security of ones system whether using ones computer or texting messages. We don't do this because of King's Creek, but because of our need for security wherever we are located or means of travel. Had to leave during a stay covering New Years and the first week of January 2016, our third stay here, due to the unexpected drop in weather temps and wife's problems we had to leave three days early. We were advised that we were not to receive a refund for those three days. No argument from me. We called in a few weeks ago to make arrangement for another stay. I brought up the reason for forfeiture of all the remaining days in January. The young woman said to wait and she checked it out. I did advise her that if I had to cancel within 30 days of our visit date we would have to only forfeit the fees for the first day or $30 dollars. I received an email confirming my next stay and noticed I was accredited two days from my previous stay that I had to forfeit. I have found that the attendants will do their best to assist you with any problems you may encounter. No one can complain about the location regardless of the time of year. Colonial Parkway, is just outside the main gate, goes from Yorktown to Jamestown. Williamsburg is close by. Shopping, Colonial Williamsburg and shopping there is also available. Restaurants offer you anything you may want. If you can't find one to meet your desires,stay home. Head towards Norfolk and additional sites one may want to visit are along the way or at Norfolk's Waterside. There is no place else in this Country one can stay for $30 a day and do so much, see so much history, or just relax and enjoy nature.  I have use King's Creek on three occasions and have to say I have to rate the Park as 5s for each stay. Again, it is the Best kept secret in the U.S. Navy.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or