3.8 29
Virginia 90016
June 25, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Stayed here for 5 days in a TT the last week of June. Generally speaking, it is a nice location with good size sites and plenty of trees providing shade. My comments are directed toward improvement of the campground section and not the rental cabins as they appear quite nice. I'd like to address a couple of points that visitors should be aware of and that I think could improve the CG with little cost or effort. Issue #1. Sewage hookups are not available on any of the rental sites. Additionally, there is no "Honey Wagon" service offered. It appeared to me that some campers were discharging grey water on the ground at the campsites instead of dragging their camper, or a sewage waste tank to the dump station when their tanks were full. Be aware that if you plan to use a towable waste tank, the folks that run this place installed several speed bumps on the only route from the campsites to the dump station. I don't recall a single one on the inbound side of the camping area, but there are several on the outbound side. Bottom line, they make towing sewage a real pain and present a hazard of rupture or other damage when towing a tank of sewage. The speed bumps appear to be made of hard rubber or plastic so the problem could be eliminated by cutting a 3' - 4' wide opening on the outbound side to facilitate vehicles towing sewage tanks as well as bicycles, etc.. As a side note, the only speeders I observed while in the CG, were CG employees driving Gator's and towing utility trailers. Issue #2. Recommend installation of a security camera and locks on the bathhouse entrance doors. Presently, there is a single entrance to a blind hallway at the front of the bathhouse building. This hallway provides direct and unfettered access to both the men's and women's bath facilities. As there is no restriction to access, or security within the CG, a push button combination lock or keycard entry system would not be a bad idea and provide at least some measure of security. Along with the installation of locks, it wouldn't hurt to add privacy louvers on the outside of the windows on the ladies side. These windows are directly exposed to anyone using the walkway ramp to the laundry room. A sign marking the laundry room entrance would also help instead of relying on word of mouth. This CG is in a good location and has plenty of potential. Despite fiscal limitations, it could be much better with minimal effort and cost.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 10 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or