Virginia 90017
July 24-30, 2011
(Updated: July 29, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

All campsites are wooded with fire rings and picnic tables and are pet friendly. I had plenty of room for my 37' 5th Wheel with water and 50 amp service at my site. There is a waste dump site outside the campground. The roads are dirt with minor potholes. The bath house is old but serviceable and has a laundry in the back. I was here in July and the bathhouse was not air conditioned. There are log cabins throughout the campground. The location is in the woods behind sand dunes and relativity quite. The military swim beach is about 2 miles up the road and it was not crowded. There is also a beach to walk on (no swimming) that is pet friendly across from the AFEES Mini mall. The mini mall was under renovation and not well stocked. There are Lighthouses to see and you can climb one (take water). This is a Historical area, it is the site of the Jamestown settlers first landing (beginning of a nation). It is only a couple of miles from the Va Beach strip and the activities. We will be back and would recommend this to anyone looking for a "camping" site and not a parking lot. Because of BRAC, Ft Story is now part of the Joint Expedition Base Little Creek/ Ft Story and you have to follow Navy requirements for sponsoring guests on base.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or