Virginia 98218
October 25 - October 30 2018
(Updated: November 09, 2018)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I must have done something wrong on my first comment of last week. It was indeed a very negative review. A few of my opinions was brought to play in my review. First Homesteaders. Well Ocean Pines has more than should be allowed. It is bad when the school buses stop there to pick up and drop off School Kids. Long term residents called Homesteaders. I can see a small part of the Campground set aside for them, but this campground is packed with them. There are RVs that have not moved in over three years as per other campers. They claim and pointed out a Class "A" that is such a bad shape it can not be started and removed if it became necessary. What gets me is that most of these folks draw BAQ, Cola, and other benefits that help to offset the expenses needed to live in the surrounding communities. So instead of using those benefits they use MWR monies. MWR's mission is not to augment PWD funds, but rather to provide recreational opportunities to military and retired personnel on a short term basis. One site had a pick up parked on the ramp/site for the RVs and no RV in sight. I brought this up to the manager who had already pissed me off with his rude attitude. He said the pick up belonged to the camper which was not there, but he was paying for the site. When I arrived a old shipmate of mine helped me back in and hook up the sewer line and when I was about to hook up the water he stopped me and showed me that there was a lot of rust in the lines. He turned on the faucet and the water was almost black with rust. In a few seconds it turned clear. He looked at my hose and asked about the filter. I informed him it was in the RV and new. When I got home and started to winterize the RV the filter was soo dark from the waterlines at Ocean Pines. In other words folks the water lines are so outdated one has to wonder if there was also lead being used to connect them. Not Good. This campground needs to be scrapped and leveled out and rebuilt to a more modern RV Park. There was a laundry mat at the office complex that one checks into at, but the restrooms for the 96 campsites is a single bathroom located in the same building. The laundry mat was nice and looked large enough to handle two to four people doing their laundry at the same time. One thing that stands out above most RV Parks is the Pet Area, that it is huge about the size of four or more football fields. Well kept up as was most of the campgrounds. The sites did needed to be cleaned up especially at those of the Homesteaders that do not show up for six or more months, but kept their RVs there. I walked my dog three times daily on the roadway and noticed a lot of campers not being used, but taking up sites for those who might want to only stay a week or two and leave. The residents were friendly enough and helped if one needed it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 24 9

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts