Featured
Utah 121921
September 19, 2007
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We arrived after duty hours with no reservations, and found the self-registration setup to be straightforward. It was enclosed in a glass booth (like some bank ATMs use) for shelter against the weather. The available sites were listed on an info sheet in the booth. The full-hookup sites were all taken due to some big event at the base, so we only had the choice of four overflow sites, one of which had electric-only access so we took that one. We could find no camp host, so I asked one of our neighbors about the men's room combination. As is often the case with fellow travelers, he gave me that info and much more, including a base map to help us find our way around. Previous reviewers' negative comments about the cleanliness/upkeep of the bath house, sadly, are STILL true at this writing. Apparently the manager is not a reader of militarycampgrounds.us...or maybe he is, and just doesn't care. The door to the women's half of the bath house has no knob (inside or out) and no cipher lock like the men's half. The hole in the door where the knob should be is stuffed with paper towels to keep out the cold air. Away from the campground, the base facilities are quite nice. From what I saw, and from previous reviews, I'd say MWR needs to spend a little money on upgrading this campground and perhaps finding a new manager who has some sense of pride in his/her work and place. Side Note: For Sprint cell and broadband card users, there's a strong signal here with EVDO.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or