4.0 28
Texas 73889
11-14 Mar 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Wow, talk about eye of the beholder. Most recent reviews make West Fort Hood sound like Taj Mahal. If you were staying in the new pull-thru sites and there was a big screening fence (like in a junkyard) between you and the back-ins, you'd undoubtedly agree. The "other side of the fence" is horrible. The lots are close together and appearance is made even worse than would be otherwise because of many long term (homesteading) residents. If you are in one of the 64 back-in sites and want to sit outside on your "patio" you will have a built-in footrest - the neighbors sewer hose. We were in one of the front row sites and had the worst of it (#8). To begin with, for all of the front row sites, you have to back off the pavement into a shallow ditch to get fully into the site. After I backed in I had three inches to spare between our front slide and the lot marker post. On the other side I had a foot and a half between the trailer and a big electric pole - and the neighbor's sewer inlet was five feet from our entry door. Now for the good part: The community room, laundry and bathrooms are new and are being kept in reasonably clean shape. There is WiFi in the community room, and on one occasion I was able to log in from our trailer. The office staff I encountered were super, very helpful and personable, even patient with my grumblings about our lot and the homesteading situation. (There is a meaningless stay limit; extensions are easily obtained for both the pull-thru and back-in sites.) Best news of all: there are plans for the Corps of Engineers to come in and completely gut and rebuild the back-in section. Would I stay there again in the pull-thru section if that was all that was available? Most certainly, at least for a short while. It is conveniently close to the base facilities and price is very reasonable. But that doesn't mean I can put on blinders and give it a "5".
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts