Texas 163401
Sep 02-16, 2010
(Updated: September 21, 2010)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I stayed at the facility while down from San Antonio on an extended fishing vacation. The local NAS staff were very HELPFUL and COURTEOUS, the value is EXCELLENT, and for the most part the experience was good, but there are a few things that negatively impacted the visit. Here they are: 1. Horrible Internet Service Provider (ISP). I stayed in Paradise Cove, the newer of the two campgrounds, and to say the least, I was not impressed with the ISP. After 4 phone calls to them, using the number provided by the NAS staff, I was still unable to get connected. On the next to last call, I spoke to someone named "Vicky" (sp), and she suggested: Upgrade Windows, get an antenna for your computer, or take the computer and walk around the grounds until you get a signal. After informing her that I am using Windows 7 with latest upgrades, and am connecting wirelessly at all other locations, she basically said "Oh well". On the last call, after speaking with the Master Chief on the base, I reached a tech at the ISP named David, who informed me that Paradise Cove did not even HAVE connectivity yet. Had not been installed...I told him he might want to let "Vicky" know, as she came off looking like an unprofessional fool, not even knowing which park had connectivity. We will see if this gets resolved. I would strongly recommend MWR search out a new service provider. 2. Lack of shower facility in Paradise Cove. Would be nice to have showers, so hope this is on the list for future improvements. 3. Improperly engineered/installed waste disposal pipes. Someone installed the waste disposal connections so that the dump connection pipe is 6 inches ABOVE ground, which makes a gravity dump from an RV very difficult. Impossible for most units to drain uphill. The ones in Shields, the older of the two parks, are at or below ground level, as they should be. If you stay in Paradise Cove, be prepared for this problem. 4. Only 1 dryer worked in the Paradise Cove laundry facility. Over Labor Day weekend, you can imagine the wait to dry clothes. I suspect this may be resolved by now, but an extra dryer or two would be nice. That's it...I will definitely continue to use the park, as it has unequaled value, courtesy and convenience. Give it a try!!! :-)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or